Montag, 9. Mai 2016

MayTie & TieZember

 

Why does men wear ties?

Or why does all men who find them self important, wear ties.?

Or why does people find that men that wear ties are more important?

Normally I do not wear a tie as I consider myself the more casual, lending towards the hippie, kind of type.

That said you might think that I give a damn how I look or what I wear. Not really. In fact the quite opposite. I really like fashion and I do like the look of a tie in combination with a shirt, a suit and whatever and I do like the challenge to put together different professional outfits with a tie.

I just regard it too hard to do every each day of my working life. And I believe that the routine of " you have to wear a tie" spoils the creativity and just makes it kind of everyday invisible as with time it just becomes routine.

Therefore I only wear ties in my professional life for two months of the year. In December and in May. I call these TieZember and MayTie.

Why: I state that it is to raise awareness about male creativity and thinking outside the box.

These two months I have the challenge of trying to put together my wardrobe in different and matching ways. I am not allowed to wear the same tie twice in the same month and I am trying to make new combinations with my wardrobe. It makes my brain work in new and creative ways and is a good start to the day to do that.

So I wear a tie to challenge myself to think creatively and aesthetically/ fashionably. And the response I get those two months is very positive and people are curious as to why, so I get the opportunity to share my issue. Something that wouldn't happen, if I was to wear a tie - or suit- every day, as a uniform.

Maybe this attention makes me feel more important?

And maybe people find me more important as they now know why I do it, because they've asked?  

Keine Kommentare: