Montag, 23. Mai 2016

Imagine what birds are thinking?

I imagine these are the things birds think about: 

My first thought, or the first that came to my mind when I read this prompt was in fact a scene from Wes Anderson's great film " Moonrise Kingdom", and is the scene where the young scout boy Sam, forces his way through the school theatre to enter the girls dressing room and approach the leading ladybird, Suzy, while she is working on her make up at the mirror:
"what kind of bird are you?"


So like him, I would like to know what kind of bird?
What kind of bird I should imagine the things birds think about, as they must think about different things depending what kind of birds they are?
I can't imagine an ostrich or a Kivi for example, suffering from vertigo and having thoughts about how it is to be afraid of heights.
Or this one, a duck in a public park in some Scandinavian country, having thoughts about the possibility of getting food poison from eating from some old carcass on the Tanzanian savanna.
And a black kite from Hong Kong would probably never thinking of methods to avoid getting cold feet in winter when the lakes in the north freezes?
Many many different birds, many more different possibilities of imaginary thoughts. However, there could be some common thoughts that all kinds of birds are thinking:
Sex with other birds of the opposite sex, but within the same species.
Gathering enough food for themselves and their family.
Looking out for, and protection against predators and other dangers.
Raising their chicks and make sure they fly safe from the nest.
They could very well be thinking about the weather too.
Building a solid and comfortable nests that fits to the environment. 

Maybe I should start with a rationale and maybe uncover my thoughts, why I think
birds think about what i think they think about.

The first one is pretty obvious, isn't it. Birds are earthly creatures like every other earthly creature here on the planet, so I assume that they, like every other earthly creature, will be thinking of having sex with other members of their bird species. 
Should there, to my surprise, be any exception from this assumption, I would think I'd be wrong with the rest of my line of thinking as well.

Food must be the next thing they -birds- think about. I do not think they are counting calories or in any other way have any obsessions or disorders towards food. Only that they are able to find plenty to feed them selves and the screaming number of chicks hidden away somewhere in some kind of home.

Like us humans have our safe house and our door and a lock to keep unwanted intruders out and away from our loved ones and belongings, so,do I think birds in some way have same instinct to protect their family.
However, here again it must be different from species to species how I imagine they think about that.There are birds, which sole purpose it is to rob the nest and eggs from others birds. They could think about protecting their own nest in one way, but rob the nest of others in another. 

Keine Kommentare: