Montag, 3. April 2017

Dubai files. Ground research.

Decided to be a real traveller arriving in Dubai early morning on April fools day 2017. This means I got me self and me luggage onto the Dubai Metro and rode the 2 stations from the airport to the neighbourhood where me house for two Dubai nights was located.

It was really not a big deal and the only aberdabei was the very early hours when I arrived and naturally no room was available or ready for me. Got me "volleyballs" installed in the locker room and went on a ground research trip in the neighbourhood. I chose that location coz I'd seen the bus for Oman was leaving from somewhere around, so I went out to find it and get me self a ticket to Oman for Monday morning.

An in between thought. Or reflection? Dump-bai has no street life, really. Hereby I mean there seem to be no sense of neighbourhood belonging and no "stam kneipe", like the Germany version of the local little pub or bar or cafe around the corner where everyone i owes everybody. Here everything is  entered around the centres and malls and only reachable by cars in huge five lanes freeways and to show off wealth is more important than close and genuine relationships.

Another thought. Experiencing this place leaves no doubt in my mig the human race could build a space shuttle and could colonise another planet. This place arisen from the hot dessert sand is evidence it is possible. Dump-bai is a freaking space station in the dessert.

Keine Kommentare: