Freitag, 3. Juni 2016

Story of my life.


When they tell my story it will always start with: 
"Wasn't that the guy who spoke German with an American accent and with a German dialect in English. In Spanish he didn't understand a thing anyway, and in Danish? Nobody out side of that little country would be capable of pinpointing the origin of his own dialect". 
Ohh boy, that is in some respects a long and random beginning, isn't it, Amy- eh?  

Sort of. If you ask me, it depends, who'll be telling my story though, doesn't it?
.
Thinking about it like that, it both excites and repulses me and I feel it is upsetting to reflect on it and make an effort to imagine how all the various people I have interacted with through every aspect of my life, might start their version of my story. 
I could turn it around and think how I would start their story? Maybe that could give me some hints of these mutual relationships.

Somehow I like that idea more. It will be more authentic and not just based on pure speculations.
Maybe, to put it in another way, that is what I am going to do here, to write these beginnings as a series, with different seasons.

In the first place, the easiest one and the one closest by, which is the story of me and my wife and that would go a little like this: 

"This is probably one of the largest cliche's under the sun, however, I would say that the first time I saw the woman who was meant to become my wife, it was one of those moments where you felt that it was love at first sight!"

Now I could add that this is how I hope my story will always start, when told by all my ex girlfriends... 

Keine Kommentare: