Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2016

Be a fish.



If I could breathe underwater, I'd be a fish.
Or maybe a mermaid. Also it could be as banal as this: I'm a scuba diver. 
As a matter of fact, that is something I've never really tried, even I really would enjoy that. At least that is something I think I would.
One of my favourite tv programs from my childhood was the French marine biologist Jacques Cousteau and his exploration of the seven seas and their secrets. My brother and I sat there on the floor glued to the television and imagined we were those courageous folks in their tight wetsuits, jumping backwards into the big blue to explore the life under the ocean surface. We licked it up like a cat does fresh cream. 
Sometimes we also licked up cream. That's was when the program was on, on a Saturday afternoon and our parents wanted to watch with us. Then they sometimes had bought some nice cream cakes called "Napoleons Cakes" and there was one for each one of us. Yummy.

Wait, maybe this could have gone in another direction. I'll just rewind the whole thing and try again.

If I could breathe under water I'd would never swim close to any big city and I would turn around and swim in the other direction when the water starts to be kind of brown and starts to taste like ....
If I could breathe under water I'd hope not to be a shark and end up in pain lying at the bottom of the sea with my fins cut off, waiting for death to release me from the pain and disappointment.
Or, what about being a majestic blue marlin and find myself on the wrong end of Robson Greens fishing line, while he is pulling me closer and closer to the boat, screaming and yelling " yes, yes, this is why I've come here to catch this monster fish", and then gain my 15 minutes of fame while I'm slowly dying for running cameras while this television celebrity is bragging to the cameras about how great an experience it was pulling me up from the sea. For what? Entertainment?  I can't see the fun in that.



Keine Kommentare: