Donnerstag, 3. November 2016

Places of inspiration.

How many times have I felt a great wave of inspiration come over me?

And where does it normally happen?

Art exhibitions. Galleries. Out running. Being bored. On holiday. Sometimes on the train when I see an advertisement, a good one I need to say.

How many times has this inspiration resulted in me in fact creating something?

Ups. Not too often. I tend to have that feeling that this is something I can do when I get time. But when is that, when do I in fact get time? 

When I'm old?

But I'm kind of old now, yet still I think I can realise all those great ideas when I get older and get more time. And should this time come once, then I'm afraid I do not know what and where all this inspiration and those fabulous ideas were and where they went.

But then I just get new ideas, I think. Now. So what's the point of remember those other ones when they don't get made to reality anyway. Maybe it is better that they are all forgotten, as then I can't be devastated that I wasn't the one to actually create this and that.

How many unfinished paintings have I not sketched up? How many of my great plots for children's books or adults books have I not written down?

I still remember two good subjects for two different projects, but how long? 

So, from inspiring places I caught the downward spiral and fell into my own self pity and tried to make jokes about something that in fact is quite sad. I do have many ideas, but so fucking few of them actually get to see the light of the day.

That has to change. 

Now is the time to do some of all of these things I proclaim that I can. Now is the time, even I still do not think I have the time to it and don't feel old -enough. Yet.

Anyway, where are those places again where I get inspired?

Maybe it isn't so much “those places”? Maybe it is just one place, and that is within myself when I feel strong, free and happy = inspired.

It is all within my self.

Keine Kommentare: