Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016

Italian gesture and digital addiction.

If I were an Italian man, I would probably do the “what the fuck are you trying to do to me” gesture and face right now.

The reason: well, now for instance, I am writing this in a wee book by hand, using a pen like in the good olden days and that is fine. Even that I am in a group and we we are sitting in a restaurant resting our stomachs after having lunch, however, I am completely in my own thoughts writing this. I am not communicating or even really listening to anyone in the group as I am scribbling away with my pen in my little book.

It is fine though, it seems. No one -not even my tai tai- is mentioning anything about me being rude, not even blaming me for being antisocial or being a participant in the group discussions or being entertaining.

Now, if I took out my phone and started to write my stuff digitally or do some picture editing, I would be accused of being an addict to digital technology and be out of balance with my digital - non digital life and be pinpointed as being antisocial.

So if you can imagine me doing that Italian gesture, then here it comes.  

Keine Kommentare: