Samstag, 1. Oktober 2016

How on earth....?

Have spend the last couple of hours reading some new research about MakersEd that I need to read for a Harvard Course I am taking.

And I can't remember a single thing. Well, I can remember some bits and pieces, mostly because I highlighted those bits, copied them and made some kind of connection with that content. But that's it. I can't really tell what I've been reading.

I remember this phenomenon from back in time when I was studying at university. Non fictional academically text just pass through my brain. It's like my brain cannot take any of it serious and therefore nothing get stuck. It is like it can net engage with those BIG words and complicated sentences. Maybe that is why I too make so complicated sentences.

What am I supposed to do with this or what can I do?

I want to do this course and the subject is very interesting and extremely important to me and to all learners around the world. How am I to do a good job with this course if I cannot remember shit I read about it?

Are there any kind of reading exercises or clever strategies for a person like me. It is like my mind just explodes into a huge mind map and a single word I pick up suddenly leads me to be thinking about everything else than the text.

Then I stop and try to concentrate. Then I go back a few sentences and start all over in the hope that I will recognise a little bit of what I've read. But nothing.

It is scary. Anyone out there with the same feeling or anyone who could give me a suggestion what I could do about it?

Is it my mindset maybe? Can it be that I have a fixed mindset that dictates me that I cannot complete this course as I cannot read those bloody texts?

Maybe that's it? How on earth am I then going to get through a course like that and much worse, how am I going to be able to function as a coach for MakersEd when I can't formulate one single clever sentence about it or link back to some of the research that's done into it?

So, clever people ou there, what can I do about that?  

Keine Kommentare: