Donnerstag, 16. August 2018

Sonic Pleasure Gadget

A poster in a train station in Hong Kong is causing upset and some smiles.

First time I saw it I didn’t really register what it was for. It just looked good. They often do the posters in Hong Kong. This one had a brave composition and some nice colours. Light bright blue and pink and faded yellow and a pretty beautiful young girl, of corse. A pretty girl in a short yellow top blowing a huge pink bubble, laying with an arched back and closed eyes. Big letters. “LELO” at the top and “SONA” below.

One day a colleague of mine nearly missed the train I was already on with another colleague. We saw her sprinting up the stairs towards the open door as the “doors closing alarm started through the hot and humid air. She just managed to squeeze through the door before it closed shut in the face of someone just to slow behind her. 

“Puh, I managed” she said. Phone in her hand. “Just had to take a photo of that poster to send it to John.”

“What poster?”

“You haven’t seen?”

Her fingers on the phone and it lit up.

“This one” and she bashed the light bright blue poster with the pretty beautiful girl straight up in my face.

“It’s so  funny, and I just had to photograph it to send to John”. John, btw, is her husband.

“Ohh yeah, why?”

“You haven’t seen?” She pinched with two fingers to enlarge a part of the image and suddenly I saw it and the poster made sense. Or did it? I hadn’t even studied the poster that well and honestly I thought the pink things at the bottom was some kind of socks to keep your feet warm in the winter.

“Sonar Clitoral Massager” it stated. “Pick Your Pleasure”

Well, I guess that is Hong Kong? It’s is a quite nice and subtle poster and the next day I had to take a photo of the same poster but in connection with two other posters, placed together with this one, as they then suddenly, for me, gave way for a certain narrative.

Sexual pleasure + beer = a love child.



Yes, pretty cheap, but whatever.


Keine Kommentare: