Samstag, 1. Juli 2017

The Denmark docs. #1

Prolog:

This is to be the start to the Denmark Documents.

A summer adventure through my homeland, which I have not visited during summer for 7 years.

Before we get to start, there will probably be a short Stockholm story and a London letter. Anyway, that'll just be an interlude before I begin the Denmark documents.

I wrote this prolog as I'd anticipated it to become, however, it was all just in my imagination. Everything went entirely different and I could or maybe should actually change the heading of the whole post to “Airport Poetry” or “rear mirror reflex ions from a tired traveller”.

So, because of this “going different entirely” there is not going to be any Stockholm Stories just now, and the London Letters will probably just be a fart of a note about a rush hour between terminal 3 and 5 and if we make it or not. Make what? Yeah, make what?

Make it to our connecting flight to Copenhagen off corse!

Scandinavia is famous for many things being in art, design and thinking and being one of them from birth I have a certain pride in being Scandinavian and also a certain respect for Scandinavian enterprises and companies as being good and have a certain standard. So weeks ago when I finally decided to take action and get going booking flights and some accommodation for this years summer vacation, so when the airline came up with a quotation for the trip we wanted to undertake - and a good one - I didn't hesitate to chose the Scandinavian Airways System as the carrier to bring us from our home in Hong Kong to Europa and my country of origin, Denmark.

Boldly spoken, that airline -SAS in short- was the first airline I'd ever heard of as a silly wee boy from a hamlet in the deep dark of Jutland - and this mainly because Denmark was the biggest kind of togetherness or enterprise I could fathom and therefore was the centre of everything I was taught by my parents, in the media and at school and about my roots and entire cultural heritage.

So, back then as the itinerary was planned and thought through with all our sidetracks and diversion -which in fact turned out to have an immense impact on the quite challenging 24 - 26 hours or journeys we have just ended- I did not have any worries booking a long haul flight with that airline as they -in my mind- would deliver a good product.

My tai tai on the other hand, as she is from the British Isles, are a firm believer in the services of British Airways and asked why I didn't choose them?

"They have the much better price!" was my answer. And they did. There were much money to save choosing the Scandinavians.

 

To be continued.

Keine Kommentare: