Montag, 8. Mai 2017

When a book finally catch me.

Tell me if you think there is anything better than to tuck oneself into the duvet with a good book and get lost in it?

Hardly. But sometimes it can take a while to get drawn into the universe and get that kind of lost you really want to be.

What is the reason?

Sometimes it just goes like this: open book, read first quarter of first page and I'm hooked. Other times it takes lot longer. Maybe I have even lost some entertainment this way not being patient?

But my belief is like this, if the book hasn't got me hooked after at least 3 to 7 pages, it won't happen.

At the moment I have got another experience. I'm reading yet another Henning Mankell story. No, not Wallander. This one is one of his stand alone stories.

It has taken me quite some time and pages to get into it and the kind of hooked I need to be to go to bed with the incitement to tuck in with my book.

And this book is not even the same kind of building up tension and dropping set up's for me to think to deeply about and search the pay off. Though it has me hooked in the certain Mankell way. He has this particular talent to surprise you with really different matter and subjects. And ant hills.

And I don't really know how he does it.

But man, it is great that he can do it and it helps to get to bed in a decent time, because I want to read.  

Keine Kommentare: